Programme Manager Assistant (PDF version)
The European Vaccine Initiative (EVI) is a non-profit organisation based in Heidelberg, Germany. EVI is dedicated to accelerating the development of vaccines for diseases of poverty.
EVI has an exciting career opportunity for junior and motivated individuals to join the organisation in a two-year part-time or full time position as Programme Manager Assistant involving multiple international partners.
- To assist the Executive Director, and External Relations and Communication Director
- To help drive progression of projects within the defined parameters.
- To ensure the project team’s adherence to organisation policies.
- To identify and drive the communication and inter-personal relationships within the projects.
- To clearly identify and solve issues, as well as implementing plans to eliminate any forthcoming issues and problems.
- To manage complex relationships with project participants and ensure participant satisfaction.
- To organise teleconferences, meetings, workshops and EVI’s annual meeting so called Rendez-Vous.
- To develop standard operating procedures when relevant.
- To update EVI website.
- To participate in the annual reporting for the organisation to EVI Board and stakeholders.
- Hold one of the following: BASc, MSc, MBA, or other relevant related BA/MA degrees (e.g. management, communication etc.).
- A high standard of written and spoken English is mandatory. French and German would be a plus.
- Organised, with drive and motivation. Proven ability to plan and manage complex projects.
- Strong co-ordination skills and ability to work in a team.
- Good communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work in multicultural and multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results against deadlines to a high level of quality.
- The ability to travel occasionally to international meetings, conferences, workshops etc.
- Competent with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Access.
- Experience in organising meetings and workshops.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining websites.
- Experience in multicultural work environment.
Conditions of Appointment
- Contract period will be two years, available from April 2016. A probationary period of six months will apply.
- Successful applicants will be based at EVI Headquarters, UniversitätsKlinikum Heidelberg, Germany
- Travel in Europe is to be expected.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. If you feel that you possess the relevant skills and working background please send a Curriculum Vitae and covering letter explaining:
- Your suitability for the position.
- Your salary range expectations.
Applications providing all of the requested information should be submitted in English and received no later than 17:00 (CET) on 15th March 2016, and sent by email to:
Human Resources Director
e-mail: odile [dot] leroy [at] euvaccine [dot] eu (contact.us(at)euvaccine.eu)