The following is an overview of the steps involved when applying to European Vaccine Initiative for a grant. Detailed instructions for applicants are given under 'Apply now'.
- Issue of call
- EVI issues calls for Letters of Interest or Proposals on this website once a year.
- Completion of the Application form
- Screening for eligibility
- All applications are checked against eligibility criteria.
- Applicants who do not meet these criteria are contacted for amendment of their application.
- Independent review and recommendation
- All valid proposals are reviewed by members of EVI's independent Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC).
- EVI SAC rates proposals according to the following criteria: originality, scientific significance, clarity, adequacy and feasibility.
- EVI SAC makes recommendations to the EVI Board for final approval.
- Notification to applicants
- Applicants are notified of the outcome.
The process from receipt of an application form to notification of the outcome can take up to 12 weeks.