The Secretariat implements policies and strategies recommended by EVI Scientific Advisory Committee and approved by the EVI Board, including:
- Development of the annual action plan
- Oversight of the peer review system for grant applications
- Support for EVI SAC's policy development and networking
- Specific organisational support required by EVI SAC
- Support for the work of the EVI Board
- Liaison and negotiation with partners
- Oversight of funded programmes
- Maintenance of financial and operational control systems.
The Secretariat is led by an Executive Director who is appointed by the EVI Board, and is governed by Rules of Procedure.
The Secretariat consists of senior experts with proven experience and expertise in vaccine Research and Development and clinical trials, and support staff.