Project Manager (PDF version)
The European Vaccine Initiative (EVI) is a non-profit organisation based in Heidelberg, Germany. EVI is dedicated to accelerating the development of vaccines for diseases of poverty.
EVI has an exciting career opportunity for junior and motivated individuals to join the organisation in a two-year full time position as Project Manager involving multiple international partners.
- To assist the Executive Director.
- To facilitate delivery of projects to agreed time lines, quality and budget.
- To ensure effective planning of projects including drawing up efficient work plans and Gantt charts.
- To drive progression of the projects within the defined parameters.
- To ensure the project team’s adherence to organisation policies, standard operating procedures, legal requirements and good practices.
- To drive continuous improvement across the projects.
- To identify and drive the communication and inter-personal relationships within the project.
- To clearly identify and solve issues, as well as implementing plans to eliminate any forthcoming issues and problems.
- To ensure the preparation and presentation of reports, project budgets and financial evaluations to tight timelines.
- To provide the Executive Director with key project information throughout the life of the projects.
- To understand and promote the objectives of the projects.
- To manage complex relationships with project participants and ensure participant satisfaction.
- To escalate items appropriately through the governance structure and ensure contractual obligations are met.
- To organise teleconferences, meetings and workshops.
- To develop standard operating procedures when relevant.
- Hold one of the following: MSc, or other relevant related degree (e.g. clinical research, vaccine development, pharmacology etc.).
- A high standard of written and spoken English is mandatory. French would be a plus.
- Organised, with drive and motivation. Proven ability to plan and manage complex projects.
- Strong co-ordination skills and ability to work in a team.
- Good communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to work in multicultural and multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results against deadlines to a high level of quality.
- The ability to travel occasionally to international meetings, conferences, workshops etc.
- Competent with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Access.
- Management experience.
- Experience in managing projects.
- Proven research experience in vaccine development, more specifically for diseases of poverty
- Experience in preparing and maintaining websites.
Conditions of Appointment
- Contract period will be two years, available from April 2016. A probationary period of six months will apply.
- Successful applicants will be based at EVI Headquarters, UniversitätsKlinikum Heidelberg, Germany
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. If you feel that you possess the relevant skills and working background please send a Curriculum Vitae and covering letter explaining:
- Your suitability for the position.
- Your salary range expectations.
Applications providing all of the requested information should be submitted in English and received no later than 17:00 (CET) on 15th March 2016, and sent by email to:
Human Resources Director
e-mail: odile [dot] leroy [at] euvaccine [dot] eu (contact.us(at)euvaccine.eu)